Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Story of Success!

Today I received a message from a patient who was here for two months and did incredible work while he was here. Here is his message...

Dr. Baylac,
Thank you for your detailed critique of the pizza, I am currently dehydrating a buckwheat/sesame/carrot pulp crust and will use your advice on using more veggies than cheese to ensure that there are more delicious flavors and nutrients on the pizza. I'm doing well and I am feeling wonderful and it's actually very pleasant to spend time with my parents now that I am clear-headed and not abusing drugs or alcohol. Thank you so much for all of the extra energy that you put into helping me on my path. You are such a wonderful person and I hope you have enjoyed your break and have done some paddling on your days off. Oh, yes and I just wrote a testimony.
Here it is:

Through the course of my stay at Dr. Baylac's naturopathic retreat center, I have gone through many challenges and changes. I now feel completely transformed and my whole outlook on living a healthy life has changed immensely. Before I arrived in Hawaii I had constant reoccurring thoughts of suicide and a multitude of bad habits that were predominately drug-related. I couldn't even conceive of the idea of breaking free of my self-destructive way of life. Dr. Baylac and her dedicated crew of health practicioners helped me to dissect my negative thought patterns and horrible habits that were throwing me deeper into depression. The lifestyle changes that they introduced to me are now a practical way of life that supplements my daily regimen of activities and state of being. I can now say, without a doubt, that I am on the right path and look at the world around me as an exciting adventure rather than one annoying problem after the next. I continue eating raw foods and am thrilled to say that I no longer have any cravings for drugs, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, salt or any other harmful foods that are toxic to the body that I used to consume on a daily basis. I recommend the Hawaii Naturopathic retreat center for anyone who thinks there is no hope left in their lives. There is always hope. You simply have to desire change and seek it through action. Blessings to your health.

-Gabriel G.